The 250 foot bridge crosses over 5 sets of Union Pacific Railroad tracks, connecting the Warm Springs BART station to a new public plaza and the growing Fremont Innovation District. As an integral part of the City of Fremont’s vision to enhance the pedestrian environment and create an urban neighborhood, this signature bridge and plaza project will provide a vital pedestrian/bicycle link. The Plaza will provide a gathering space for the community, seating, bicycle lockers, solar charging stations, information kiosk, and public art.
- Plaza and roadway civil design
- Multiple agency coordination
- UPRR spur track relocation
- Utility coordination and relocation
- Master planning and preliminary design studies