As part of an effort to provide permanent housing for the homeless, Southern California-based developer Affirmed Housing and PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) Ventures joined forces to develop Villas on the Park in San Jose. The 84-unit complex provides both permanent supportive housing and transitional housing to a number of the homeless individuals living in or around St. James Park in San Jose. The state-of-the-art facility provides residents with amenities such as on-site health services, educational and recreational classes, a rooftop vegetable garden, and new landscaping. BKF Engineers is proud to have been a part of the design group for this project.
- 0.35 acres
- 6 stories
- 84 studio apartments
- 10,000 square feet of programmable space
- 2021 Urban Land Institute Finalist – Jack Kemp Award for Affordable Housing
- 2020 Affirmed Housing Award for Excellence in Partnership
- 2020 NAHB Multifamily Pillars Award, Best Affordable Apartment Community, up to 100 units
- 2020 Silicon Valley Business Journal Structures Award Affordable-Rate Residential Project
- Award-Winning Core Team:
Owner/Developer: Affirmed Housing and PATH Ventures
General Contractor: Brown Construction
Please visit the Affirmed Housing and PATH Ventures websites to learn more about their missions and work.