The Wayne & Gladys Valley Center for Vision provides spaces for ophthalmology research, teaching and office support, clinical space, and academic and administrative offices space, all of which were previously distributed across multiple sites on the Mission Bay campus. BKF provided civil engineering design and land surveying services on the project, including investigation of existing utility systems, underground utility locating, topographic surveys, and site investigations. BKF also designed the stormwater management strategies for the project such as bioretention planters, pervious asphalt, previous paves, and a green roof, to comply with San Francisco’s Stormwater Management Ordinance.
- 12-story tower with a 5-story wing and 3-story wing
- 340,000 sq. ft. building with a 48,000 sq. ft. footprint
- 500-stall parking garage
- 2020 San Francisco Business Times Real Estate Deal of the Year
- 2021 Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) Western Pacific Region Design-Build Awards – Design Excellence Award
- 2021 Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) Western Pacific Region Design-Build Awards – Distinction Award
- 2021 Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) Western Pacific Region Design-Build Awards – Lean in Design-Build Award