BKF is providing civil engineering and planning services for Sonoma Mountain Village (SOMO). SOMO intends to transform the former 175-Acre Lucent Technologies light industrial manufacturing campus into a vibrant mixed-use sustainable village. Additionally, SOMO, as part of the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND), has achieved the highest certification level, LEED Platinum. In 2008, SOMO was awarded the Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award (GEELA).
- 175 acre project
- Comprehensive land use planning
- 16 mile multimodal street network plan
- New urban design principles
- Selected as the first One Planet Living Communities project endorsed in North America
- Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award (GEELA)
- LEED-ND Platinum certified