The revitalization of the Brooklyn Basin community on the Oakland waterfront includes two key affordable housing developments; Paseo Estero (family housing) and Vista Estero (senior housing). The one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment homes will also provide community amenities such as community rooms, computer labs, courtyards, a fitness center, secured bicycled storage, and a children’s playground. BKF assisted with the preparation of civil planning documents to support the proposed buildings and provided support services during construction.
- Two buildings
- 101 units of affordable family rental housing
- 110 units of affordable senior rental housing
- Paseo Estero – 36 one-bedroom, 15 two-bedroom, and 50 three-bedroom apartment homes
- Vista Estero – 106 one-bedroom and 4 two-bedroom apartment homes
- 2021 ASCE San Francisco Section Outstanding Urban/Land Development Project