The Exchange is an Urban Research Campus that consists of four interconnected buildings located in Mission Bay’s Block 40. BKF ran point on securing the encroachment permit and obtaining design approval for non-standard structure elements requiring special review. In addition to the phased rough grading permit that facilitated the construction of the multilevel blow grade garage, BKF facilitated approvals for the Storm Water control permits and on-site utilities permits.
- 750,000 square feet of Class A office space
- 15,000 square feet of ground level retail space
- 262,000 square feet 5-story integrated parking structure
- 3.5-acre development site with pedestrian-friendly open urban plazas, pocket-parks, green roofs, and rain gardens
- Permitting for Caltrans and Joint Powers Board encroachment