BKF assisted Mid-Peninsula Housing in the two phase redevelopment and new construction of Half Moon Village. The first phase included construction of a new building containing 45 senior apartments. The second phase will provide an additional building on the campus containing 115 additional senior apartments, replacing 60 existing units. The apartments are a combination of one and two bedroom units with supportive services and common areas. BKF provided engineering services for this project, ranging from Due Diligence Studies to Construction Documents.
- BKF assisted Mid-Peninsula Housing in the redevelopment of an existing 60 unit affordable senior housing facility and with a new development of an adjacent vacant lot.
- New construction provided 160 units of affordable senior housing over 6 acres.
- Combination of one and two bedroom apartments with supportive services and common areas.
- Engineering services for project ranged from Due Diligence Studies to Construction Documents.
- Storm drain detention in below-grade pipes.
- Challenges include proximity to Arroyo Leon Creek and creek setbacks.
- Reviewed existing sanitary sewer and storm drain system to identify capacity issues
2016 San Francisco American Institute of Architects, Social Responsibility Commendation-Award