The Claire Lilienthal Elementary School Campus project included the demolition and removal of eight portable classroom buildings, which were replaced by a new, 22,000 square foot, two-story, permanent classroom and gymnasium building. BKF provided the civil engineering design and surveying services associated with the project.
- Replaced portables with permanent new, two-story classroom and gymnasium building
- New amenities include additional single accommodation toilets, circulation between new and existing classrooms, utility and storage spaces
- First prototype for a zero net energy building for the San Francisco Unified School District
- Civil design included new utility connections to serve the building, site accessibility, and integrated storm water management
- BKF served as the team lead for processing the project with both the City of San Francisco and the San Francisco Public Utility Commission
Photographs by Technical Imagery Studios