Located in the City of Berkeley’s Downtown Arts District, the new Center Street parking structure replaced the original 1950s garage which was insufficient in parking capacity and below the current seismic standards. The 8-level, 720-space garage (300 more parking spaces than the old garage) with retail space, art gallery, a sidewalk café, bicycle parking, public bathrooms, and offices is convenient to Downtown businesses, theaters, and the Civic Center.
- 248,000 sq. ft.
- 720-space garage
- Valet parking for 350 bikes
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Rainwater-runoff bio-swales
- 7,500-gallon cistern for rainwater harvesting
- 2019 Winner of Sustainability Project of the Year by the National Parking Association
Photography © 2018 Billy Hustace