The Sobrato Campus for Discovery and Innovation at Santa Clara University has been built to foster a collaborative learning environment with classrooms, labs, research, study, and office facilities for the School of Engineering and the College of Arts and Science. The 270,000 SF ‘U’ shaped building has co-located 13 departments from the school and includes elements such as a café, central courtyard, and double height maker space. BKF provided civil engineering design and land surveying services for the project.
- 270,000 sq. ft. ‘U’ shaped building
- Co-location of 13 academic departments
- Double height maker space
- Central courtyard
- Café with indoor/outdoor dining space
- 2021 Silicon Valley Business Journal Structures Award – Best Education Project