BKF worked closely with the City of Downey to identify maintenance and programmatic needs for five city parks including Apollo Park, Dennis the Menace Park, Golden Park, Rio San Gabriel Park, and San Gabriel River and Wilderness Park. These essential infrastructure upgrades keep local parks going strong for the residents who enjoy them each day.
BKF implemented services in two phases, including grading, ADA upgrades, parking lot improvements, new restrooms, and shade structures.
- Reconstruction of the community building at Dennis the Menace Park
- New pedestrian bridge at Wilderness Park
- New picnic shelters at Rio San Gabriel Park
- New fitness area for all ages with rubberized surfaces
- Regraded all athletic fields
- New irrigation system and synthetic turf
- New aeration and water circulation systems