The Cañada College Kinesiology & Wellness Building project included the demolition of the campus’s existing student gymnasium, which was replaced with a new 85,000 sq. ft. student recreation (kinesiology and wellness) center with two swimming pools and expansion to an existing parking lot. BKF provided the design for the site demolition and the civil engineering design for the new facility at the college.
- 85,000 sq. ft. Kinesiology and Wellness building with two swimming pools
- Expanded existing parking lot by adding 350 new stalls
- Design Build
- 2018, Community College Facility Coalition (CCFC) Profession Design Awards Program, Award of Merit
- 2021, ENR California, Best Projects Award of Merit – Higher Education/Research
- 2021, ENR California, Best Projects Award – Excellence in Safety